Speed dating – new ways to meet people
Modern services for finding a soul mate are coming up with more and more interesting and exciting ideas. People are no longer interested in meeting people under normal conditions and in the same environment. One of the ways to “ignite” a relationship is speed dating.
Speed dating – what is it and who is it suitable for?
This type of dating came to us from the USA and Europe. It is suitable for those people who do not have enough time to find a partner, as well as for those who want to try something new.
For this event, a group of 10-20 couples is recruited. It is important that all participants in the speed dating party are from approximately the same age group. Therefore, they are also formed according to age. A pleasant atmosphere is created in a cafe or restaurant, creating real comfort. The room contains a number of small tables corresponding to the number of couples. A man and a woman sit at each table. They are given a certain time to communicate (5-7 minutes). During this time, the couple has a conversation, they take a closer look at each other, and also determine for themselves whether they like this person and whether they want to see each other again.
Then the pairs change, and communication begins with the other participant. So, in an hour and a half you will get to know at least 10 new people.
After communication, you should make notes about each interlocutor. You will be given a list with all the participants, opposite whom after the conversation you put either “+” (you want to continue communication) or “-” (you do not want further meetings). Then the organizers compare your answers, and if the positive assessments with your partner coincide, then you exchange contacts with him and continue further communication.
The main advantage of speed dating is that you save your time and also quickly expand your social circle. This is very important for business and busy people.
Pros and cons of speed dating
- You spend a minimum of time searching for your soulmate.
- The first meeting takes place in person, so there will definitely be no disappointments about appearance (unlike social networks).
- The relaxed atmosphere and communication make spending time enjoyable.
- You don’t feel guilty or uncomfortable because your interlocutor didn’t impress you. After all, someone else will like him!
- Good and enjoyable leisure time for a single person.
- It’s unusual. New emotions, pleasant acquaintances and vivid impressions are guaranteed.
- Lack of romance. After all, only 5-7 minutes are allocated for each date. Not enough to sit and silently stare at each other, is it?
- This evening may seem tiring, because in a couple of hours you will have to communicate with a dozen people.
- You may not have time to make a first impression in a 5-minute date.
- Well-mannered people are not always present at such meetings. Be prepared for the fact that you may receive unpleasant offers.
- Express dating does not guarantee that you will find love here.
How to get on speed dating?
The standard set of dating club services includes:
- the selected location where the meeting is held;
tea or coffee;
a small buffet at the end of the acquaintance;
handouts (pen, sheet of paper with a list of participants).
Sometimes after such events, the organizers can organize a game (for example, “Mafia”), which will defuse the situation and bring all participants closer together. As a rule, it is free, but here everything is decided by each company for itself.
As a rule, you must register and reserve your place before participating. Sometimes companies take advance payment. Try not to be late for such events, because the whole company will not be waiting for you alone. Otherwise, you will lose several new acquaintances.
Speed dating: what to do? Tips for beginners
Dating evenings are the same ordinary meetings, only an order of magnitude shorter. Still, follow a few rules to get the most out of them:
- Be attentive to your interlocutor, show interest, tell stories, joke. Try to avoid pauses in conversation; you don’t have time to be silent.
- Come early. This way you can get acquainted with the situation and get used to it. And you will be calm that you won’t miss anything.
- Avoid template questions like “How are you?”, “How was your day?”, “Tell me about your hobbies,” etc. You can raise these topics, but do it creatively, with soul, and flirtatiously. Remember, you need to please and interest your interlocutor in a matter of minutes.
- Stay for the game, which is usually offered by the event organizers. It will help you get to know the participants better and continue your evening in good company.